Our 3 Day Budget Kruger Park Safari tour gives a unique yet unforgettable experience in the heart of the African bush.
Not only will this Kruger Park Safari provide you with one of the best overall safari experiences, but you will be staying in an eco-friendly camp where your footprint is limited. Tydon Eco Camp lies just outside of the world-renowned Kruger National Park. It is a short 10-minute drive along the border of the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve to the Paul Kruger Gate, which is one of the main entrances into the Kruger National Park.
On this 3 Day Kruger Park Safari package, we explore the game-rich Kruger National Park on thrilling game drives lead by our professional game rangers, who share their extensive experience and knowledge with you. Encounter Africa’s Big Five – lion, leopard, rhino, buffalo and elephant, as well as an abundance of other wildlife and birds on this authentic African safari.
3 Day Budget Kruger Park Safari Overview
- Private transfer between one of our designated pick up areas and Tydon Eco Camp
- Daily departures
- One sunset/night drive in the Great Kruger Park
- Morning and afternoon drive in the Kruger National Park
- Two nights’ accommodation at Tydon Eco Camp
- Two breakfasts, one lunch and two dinners
- Scenic Panorama Route en route to Johannesburg or Nelspruit post safari
Day 1: Transfer to Tydon Eco Camp & Greater Kruger Park Sunset/Night Drive
- Collection from Johannesburg or one of the local airports (Skukuza or Nelspruit).
- Transfers to Tydon Eco Camp from Johannesburg are around 6 hours – including stops. Lunch will be for guests’ own account.
- On arrival at Tydon Eco Camp, you will have a short time to relax, before starting your Greater Kruger Park sunset/night drive.
- After your sunset/night drive you can sit down to enjoy a delectable South African dinner before heading to the comfort of your private tent for a good night’s sleep.
Day 2: Morning and Afternoon Kruger National Park Game Drives
- Early morning tea and coffee and light snack served in lapa.
- Morning game drive in the Kruger National Park. (3-4 hours)
- Breakfast served in the lapa
- Leisure time at Eco Camp.
- Lunch is served in the lapa at Tydon Eco Camp.
- Afternoon game drive in the Kruger Park. (3-4 hours)
- Unwind with pre-dinner drinks and dinner served in the outdoor boma – weather permitting – or main dining area.
Day 3: Private Transfer from Tydon Eco Camp via the Panorama Route
- After a relaxed breakfast, you depart for Johannesburg/Nelspruit travelling via the Panorama Route (Not for Skukuza Airport).
- Your 3 Day Eco Camp Safari comes to an end back at your designated drop off point around 17:00 in Johannesburg or 12:00 in Nelspruit.
About The Safari
Seeing a huge herd of elephants crossing a river, African wild dogs feasting on a kill or a breathtaking African sunset are experiences that are hard to put into words or to capture in a photograph. They are experiences that have to be witnessed first-hand.
I heard a description of Africa that sums it up in one short sentence, “It feels like God visits everywhere else but lives in Africa”. The beauty of this country will take your breath away.
The Kruger National Park has a rich history that can be experienced as you traverse the plains of the breathtaking game reserve. During you 3 Day Eco Camp Safari you will spend your days exploring one of the world’s great natural wonders. The story of the Kruger National Park is made up of the tales and the art of the majestic San people and the footprints of prehistoric man.
In 1884, it was brought to the attention of President Paul Kruger that the wildlife of the Lowveld was in grave danger of extinction; this was due to the presence of hundreds of Europeans who had flocked to the region to hunt and trade animal skins and horns. Kruger approached the Transvaal parliament with a proposal to establish a protected area in the Lowveld for wildlife; his request was granted and in 1898 the Lowveld was proclaimed the Sabie Game Reserve. In 1926, the Sabie Game Reserve was merged with the Shingwedzi Game Reserve and the result was the Kruger National Park.
About the Eco Camp
With all the development today, the need for eco-friendly accommodation is imperative and this 3 Day Budget Kruger National Park package will allow you to have the best wildlife experience with limited impact on the environment.
Tydon Eco Camp has been built using natural materials of stone, wood, thatch and canvas and makes use of solar power and gas.
Experience the legendary Kruger National Park, with all its diversity, on informative game drives and game viewing where experienced guides share the secrets of the wilderness.Facilities at Tydon Eco Camp include:
Chic African styled tented rooms perched on raised platforms create the perfect ambiance for your safari stay. The seven tented rooms are equipped with everything you need, including twin beds with linen and African design bedspreads, side table with lampshade, comfortable chairs, plug points and a fan.
A short distance away from your tent along a well-lit path is your own private bathroom fitted with basin, toilet and shower. Shower toiletries, bath towels and swimming pool towels are provided.
About Your Transfer
Our 3 Day Tydon Eco Camp Safari package operates daily from Johannesburg, Nelspruit and Skukuza or at one of our designated, recommended pick up points.
On your return we travel back to Johannesburg or Nelspruit via the scenic Panorama Route. You will get back to Johannesburg by +/- 17:00 or to Nelspruit via the Panorama Route arriving there at about 12:00.
For more information on your transfers, recommended hotels, and flight information, please follow the link below: About Your Transfers
Valid 01 November 2019 – 31 October 2020
- R 9 615 – package per person sharing.
- R 10 760 – single booking rate per person.
- R 6 245 – children 12 years and under.
Valid 01 November 2020 – 31 October 2021
- R 10 288 – package per person sharing.
- R 11 513 – single booking rate per person.
- R 6 682 – children 12 years and under.
- Private transfer to and from Johannesburg, Nelspruit or Skukuza.
- Accommodation at Tydon Eco Camp.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- One sunset/night drive on day of arrival.
- Morning and afternoon drives in Kruger National Park
- Conservation levies for Kruger National Park.
- Scenic Panorama Route en route to Johannesburg or Nelspruit post safari (not Skukuza).
Excluded and/or Special Conditions
- All activities not indicated.
- Meals and drinks en route to and from Tydon Eco Camp.
- Communication costs.
- Single adult sharing with a child is applicable at the single rate.
- All tours are payable in South African Rand (ZAR).
- It is advisable to check exchange rates with your bankers on the day you book your safari tour.
- All tourist attractions and mandatory stops visited en route to Tydon Eco Camp, as well as the return trips are brief and subject to change depending upon time constraints of the day.
Your 3 Day Budget Kruger Park Safari starts with a private transfer in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle from one of our designated collection points to Tydon Eco Camp, located on the border of the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve.
On arrival you will have time to be greeted by the tranquil sounds of the bushveld surrounding the camp and familiarize yourself with the camp before heading out on an afternoon/sunset drive in the Greater Kruger. After your game drive, you head back to Tydon Eco Camp for pre-dinner drinks and a hearty South African dinner before retiring to the comfort of your private safari-style tent for a good night’s sleep.
Rise and shine to the beauty of the African bushveld bathed in soft morning light while enjoying early morning tea and coffee and a light snack, before setting out on a morning drive into the Kruger Park in search of Africa’s Big Five (Lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo) and an abundance of other wildlife.
After your morning drive, you will enjoy a delectable breakfast and some leisure time to relax and enjoy your tranquil surroundings in the heart of the African bush. Light lunch is served around 14:00 before you embark on an afternoon drive into the Kruger National Park, in an open safari vehicle allowing you to experience the South African bushveld up close.
On arrival back to Tydon Eco Camp you are invited to unwind with pre-dinner drinks and a traditional dinner served in the outdoor boma around the campfire (weather permitting) or main dining area before retreating to your private tent for a peaceful night’s sleep.
On our final day and after breakfast, we say goodbye to Tydon Eco Camp and travel back to Johannesburg or Nelspruit via the scenic Panorama Route (not Skukuza).This journey takes you through breath-taking mountain scenery and quaint towns in one of South Africa’s most beautiful regions.
Highlights of the scenic Panorama Route include God’s Window, Lisbon Falls and Graskop.
Your incredible 3 Day Budget Kruger Park Safari ends back in Johannesburg around 17:00 or Nelspruit around 12:00, taking the special memories of your unforgettable safari home with you.
Each day of your safari tour will see you participate in thrilling game drives and one night drive into the Greater Kruger Park in open safari vehicles, providing you with the best wildlife viewing opportunity; you may even spot the famous Big Five (leopard, lion, elephant, rhino and buffalo).
On your day of arrival, your exciting African safari adventure begins with an afternoon/sunset drive in the Greater Kruger. Under an incredible African night sky, the air comes alive with the sounds of nocturnal animals looking for food and water.
After an early morning tea or coffee and a light snack, you depart for your morning game drive in the Kruger Park. The early part of the day sees you exploring all the sights and sounds of the animals, birds and insects as they begin their day in search of food.
As the heat of the day cools, your afternoon safari drive into Kruger National Park will see a variety of wildlife leaving the shade of the trees in search of a watering hole. Your skilled and experienced guide has an in-depth knowledge of local wildlife, both big and small, and welcomes opportunities to share his/her knowledge.
Meals at Tydon Eco Camp
We consider homely South African cuisine to be an essential part of the Tydon African Safaris experience. The meals that we serve is a reflection of real home-style South African food. We do cater for vegetarians.
Start your day with early morning tea or coffee and a light snack before setting out on a morning game drive into the Kruger Park. On your return to Eco Camp, a traditional cooked breakfast buffet will be served with a selection of fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereals, and freshly baked muffins. Fresh fruit juice is supplied.
Lunchtime is served at camp during the heat of the day, therefore we prepare light refreshing meals accompanied by a selection of fresh salads and fruit that satisfy the taste buds.
Ice-cold beverages and fruit juices are available for purchase..
In true safari style, we all eat together in the open air boma around a crackling campfire under a blanket of stars in the African skies, while the sounds of nocturnal animals calling in the distance can often be heard.