Day 1: Johannesburg to Tydon Safari Camp
Includes: Transport, Dinner, Sunset/Night Game Drive in Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
Day 2: Kruger National Park Game Drives
- Early morning coffee or tea served in the thatched dining area at camp
- Morning game drive in Kruger Park
- Mid-morning breakfast served back at Tydon Safari Camp
- Free time at Tydon Safari Camp
- Light lunch served in the main lodge area around 14:00.
- Afternoon game drive in Kruger Park (departing at about 15:00)
- Dinner and drinks at Tydon Safari Camp.
Includes: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner; Two Game Drives in Kruger Park.
Day 3: Tydon Safari Camp to Johannesburg via Panorama Route
- Drive from Tydon Safari Camp to Johannesburg via the Panorama Route
- The Kruger National Park and Sabi Sand Game Reserve Safari ends back in Johannesburg at about 17:00
Includes: Breakfast, Transport, Panorama Highlights of Gods Window, Lisbon Falls and Graskop.
About The Safari
This is a personal safari experience conducted by a professional guide and provides you with excellent wildlife encounters, comfortable accommodation and world class personal service.
Designed for small groups, families, couples and individual travellers, allows us to give each guest the personal service which we pride ourselves upon.
Combining two of South Africa’s premier wildlife destinations allows for exciting wildlife viewing opportunities while exploring the vast wilderness, in an open game viewing vehicle.
While on safari you will experience the wonders of the Kruger National Park in the north-east of South Africa which runs along the border of Mozambique in the east, Zimbabwe in the north, and the Crocodile River to the south. The park covers 20,000 square kilometers and is divided into 14 different eco zones, each supporting different wildlife species.
In addition to the Kruger National Park, you will discover the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. Sharing an unfenced border with the Kruger National Park, this immense and diverse tract of land is home to the big five of Africa (lion, leopard, rhino, buffalo and elephant), and much more.
About The Safari Camp
Nestling in the shade of indigenous trees, this visual oasis of inspirational elements combines to cumulate in this magnificent tented safari camp.
Intimate and comfortable, yet simplistic combined with excellent service, the camp creates a traditional African safari feel to your journey, and you can be forgiven for thinking you were transported back in time to an unspoilt and unexplored Africa.
Sharing its borders with the world renowned Sabi Sand Game Reserve which forms part of the Greater Kruger region due to having unfenced borders with the Kruger National Park, Tydon Safari Camp offers guests a unique opportunity of staying in permanent semi luxury tented rooms and experiencing wildlife game drives in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve as well as the Kruger National Park.
Chic African styled tented rooms perched on raised platforms create the perfect ambiance for your safari stay.
The seven tented rooms combine privacy and comfort complete with en suite bathrooms with a shower and air-conditioning, while upholding the traditions of an African safari camp.
The tented rooms feature three quarter size twin beds with linen and African design bedspreads, side table with lampshade, comfortable chairs, mosquito nets, a mirror stand with hairdryer, luggage stands, plug points as well as tea and coffee making facilities.
Children have a unique experience by staying in their own tented room on the same deck as their parents or we provide stretchers in the same tent as the parents. Your leader in African Safaris
About Your Transfer
Regarding airport and/or hotels collections please see below.
We only collect from the following airports, and recommend the following arrival/departure times:
OR Tambo International Airport
Flights into OR Tambo Airport must arrive by 8:00 for domestic flights and by 07:00 for international flights.
If your flight does not arrive before 8:00 please make sure that your flight time can be accommodated.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not go to Lanseria Airport.
Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA)
Flights into KMIA to preferably arrive or depart between 11:30 – 13:30.
Flights into Skukuza to preferably arrive or depart around midday 12:00 – 14:30.
- Airlink operates daily scheduled flights between Johannesburg (ORTIA), Cape Town and Durban and Nelspruit (KMIA); and between Johannesburg and Cape Town and Skukuza.
- Airlink operates convenient and daily direct flights between Nelspruit and Livingstone (Victoria Falls- Zambia).
- Airlink also operates to other destinations from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (Nelspruit) –
click here for their website for flight schedules.
- Flights with Airlink are to be booked directly by the guests travelling
Recommended hotels in our two designated pickup / drop off zones.
Our transfer vehicles will collect you directly from these hotels. Should you wish to stay in alternative accommodation please confirm if this can be accommodated before booking.
Hotels in and around OR Tambo International Airport (Economic – Costly) from 08:00
- Outlook Lodge, Lakefield – 1 Ambelside Avenue, Benoni
- Outlook Lodge OR Tambo – 1 Savannah road, Bonaero Park, Kempton Park
- Birchwood Hotel – Viewpoint Street, Bartlett
- Holiday Inn – 100 North Rand Road, Bardene
- Peermont Metcourt Hotel Emperors Palace
- Premier Hotel OR Tambo – 73 Gladiator street
- Safari Club – Pomona Road, Kempton Park
- Garden Court OR Tambo – 2 Hulley Road, Isando, Ext 3
- City Lodge OR Tambo – 2 Hulley Road, Isando, Ext 3
- Southern Sun OR Tambo – Jones Road
- Peermont D’Oreale Grand Emperors Palace
- Protea Hotel OR Tambo – Corner of York and Gladiator street
Hotels in the Sandton CBD area (Economic – Costly) from 07:00
- Town Lodge Sandton – Grayston Dr & Webber Rd
- Park Inn Sandton – 118 Katherine St
- Courtyard Hotel Sandton – 138 Rivonia Road, Sandton
- City Lodge – Corner Katherine Street and Grayston Drive
- Glenalmond Hotel Sandton – 130 Daisy street
- Garden Court Sandton City – Cnr West and Maude Streets, Sandton
- Southern Sun, 115 Katherine Street
- Radisson Blu Hotel – Corner of Daisy Street and Rivonia Road, Sandton
- Radisson Blu Gautrain – Corner of Rivonia Road and West Street, Sandton
- Protea Hotel Balalaika – 20 Maude Street, Sandton
- Maslow Hotel, Sandton – Corner of Grayston Drive and Rivonia Road
- Sandton Sun – Alice Ln & Fifth Street, Sandton
- Hilton Hotel, Sandton – 138 Rivonia Road
- Intercontinental Sandton – 2146 5th St, Sandton
Estimated post safari drop off times:
Johannesburg: 16:30 / 17:00
Skukuza: To be advised
Thank you for choosing to enquire about this Tydon African Safari
In order for us to attend to your enquiry, please complete and submit the form below.