3-Day Sabi Sand Safari Overview
Day 1: Johannesburg to Tydon Bush Camp in Sabi Sand
- Pick up in Johannesburg from OR Tambo International Airport or your pre-tour accommodation, Nelspruit or Skukuza Airports.
- Drive to Tydon Safari Camp bordering Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve
- Sunset/evening game drive in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Pre-dinner drinks and dinner served in the open-air boma or main dining area at camp
Includes: Transport, Dinner, Sunset Game Drive in Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
Day 2: Sabi Sand Game Drives
- Early morning coffee or tea served in the thatched dining area at camp.
- Morning game drive in Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- Mid-morning breakfast served back at Tydon Bush Camp.
- Free time at Tydon Bush Camp in Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- Light lunch served in the main dining area around 14:00.
- Sunset/night game drive in Sabi Sand Reserve (departing at around 15:30).
Includes: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner; 2 Game Drives in Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
Day 3: Tydon Bush Camp to Johannesburg via Panorama Route
- Drive from Tydon Bush Camp back to Johannesburg via Panorama Route.
- The Kruger National Park and Sabi Sand Game Reserve Safari ends back in Johannesburg at about 17:00
Includes: Breakfast, Transport, Panorama Highlights of Gods Window, Lisbon Falls and Graskop.
About The Safari
The 3-Day Sabi Sand Safari Package takes you into one of Africa’s top private game reserves, The Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve. This reserve forms part of the Great Kruger Park as there are no fences separating them. The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is situated in the southern area of the Kruger National Park on its northern border.
The Sabi Sand safari tour caters for singles, couples and small groups as the camp only accommodates 8 people at a time.
From our Tydon Bush Camp you will venture out into the African bushveld in search of one of the 520 bird species, 150 mammal species, and of course the most sort after predators which include lion, leopard, cheetah, African wild dog, serval and caracal. You will also have the opportunity to experience the abundant variety of 410 tree and shrub species.
You will have a total of three drives on an open 4X4 Land Rover searching for some of the above-mentioned fauna and flora. On the morning drive you will have an early start in order to catch the sun rising over the eastern border of the Kruger National Park. This drive gives you the opportunity to catch the animals as they begin their day in search of food. The mornings are always special as the air is still cool and fresh allowing you to soak up the peace and stillness of the African bush. Two out of the three game drives are in the afternoon extending into the early evening, giving you the opportunity to search by spotlight for predators in search of food.
Nothing beats the incredible excitement of driving around a corner and being met by one of the Big Five. The smell of the bush and the beast, the stillness or the roar will form lasting memories that will stay with you forever.
Every day in the bush is a good day!
About The Safari Camp
Tucked away in the southern part of the world-renowned Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve is our exclusive Tydon Bush Camp.
The intimate Tydon Bush Camp is located inside Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which shares unfenced borders with the world-famous Kruger National Park in South Africa.
This tranquil tented safari camp is ideally situated within one of the best game viewing areas of the prestigious Sabi Sand Game Reserve. Set within the Greater Kruger National Park, our easily accessible, yet private bush camp awaits you.
This completely private bush camp features an outdoor dining boma set around a campfire, for lantern-lit evenings under the stars. There is also a thatch-roofed dining lapa for serving meals indoors. The dining lapa is a combination of brick, canvas and thatch, and includes a comfortable lounge area.
Guests can relax and enjoy the peaceful natural setting from the viewing deck, nestled in the indigenous vegetation at camp.
At Tydon Bush camp in Sabi Sand Game Reserve we ensure that you enjoy a more tranquil and undisturbed safari experience, and only allow children over the age of 16 to stay at the camp.
Accommodation at Tydon Bush Camp is in four comfortable tented-rooms with en suite bathrooms. These semi-luxury permanent tents provide an authentic African bush experience in understated, traditional safari style.
Each canvas tent is tucked away in the African bush on a raised wooden platform which has its own deck area, featuring a camping table and chairs for relaxing in nature.
Guests can choose between tents with a queen size bed or three-quarter size twin beds, all with en suite bathrooms fitted with a basin, toilet and shower.
These air-conditioned tents are equipped with side tables, bedside lamps, hairdryers and tea and coffee making stations.
About Your Transfer
Regarding airport and/or hotels collections please see below.
We only collect from the following airports, and recommend the following arrival/departure times:
OR Tambo International Airport
Flights into OR Tambo Airport must arrive by 8:00 for domestic flights and by 07:00 for international flights.
If your flight does not arrive before 8:00 please make sure that your flight time can be accommodated.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not go to Lanseria Airport.
Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA)
Flights into KMIA to preferably arrive or depart between 11:30 – 13:30.
Flights into Skukuza to preferably arrive or depart around midday 12:00 – 14:30.
- Airlink operates daily scheduled flights between Johannesburg (ORTIA), Cape Town and Durban and Nelspruit (KMIA); and between Johannesburg and Cape Town and Skukuza.
- Airlink operates convenient and daily direct flights between Nelspruit and Livingstone (Victoria Falls- Zambia).
- Airlink also operates to other destinations from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (Nelspruit) –
click here for their website for flight schedules.
- Flights with Airlink are to be booked directly by the guests travelling
Recommended hotels in our two designated pickup / drop off zones.
Our transfer vehicles will collect you directly from these hotels. Should you wish to stay in alternative accommodation please confirm if this can be accommodated before booking.
Hotels in and around OR Tambo International Airport (Economic – Costly) from 08:00
- Outlook Lodge, Lakefield – 1 Ambelside Avenue, Benoni
- Outlook Lodge OR Tambo – 1 Savannah road, Bonaero Park, Kempton Park
- Birchwood Hotel – Viewpoint Street, Bartlett
- Holiday Inn – 100 North Rand Road, Bardene
- Peermont Metcourt Hotel Emperors Palace
- Premier Hotel OR Tambo – 73 Gladiator street
- Safari Club – Pomona Road, Kempton Park
- Garden Court OR Tambo – 2 Hulley Road, Isando, Ext 3
- City Lodge OR Tambo – 2 Hulley Road, Isando, Ext 3
- Southern Sun OR Tambo – Jones Road
- Peermont D’Oreale Grand Emperors Palace
- Protea Hotel OR Tambo – Corner of York and Gladiator street
Hotels in the Sandton CBD area (Economic – Costly) from 07:00
- Town Lodge Sandton – Grayston Dr & Webber Rd
- Park Inn Sandton – 118 Katherine St
- Courtyard Hotel Sandton – 138 Rivonia Road, Sandton
- City Lodge – Corner Katherine Street and Grayston Drive
- Glenalmond Hotel Sandton – 130 Daisy street
- Garden Court Sandton City – Cnr West and Maude Streets, Sandton
- Southern Sun, 115 Katherine Street
- Radisson Blu Hotel – Corner of Daisy Street and Rivonia Road, Sandton
- Radisson Blu Gautrain – Corner of Rivonia Road and West Street, Sandton
- Protea Hotel Balalaika – 20 Maude Street, Sandton
- Maslow Hotel, Sandton – Corner of Grayston Drive and Rivonia Road
- Sandton Sun – Alice Ln & Fifth Street, Sandton
- Hilton Hotel, Sandton – 138 Rivonia Road
- Intercontinental Sandton – 2146 5th St, Sandton
Estimated post safari drop off times:
Johannesburg: 16:30 / 17:00
Skukuza: To be advised
Thank you for choosing to enquire about this Tydon African Safari
In order for us to attend to your enquiry, please complete and submit the form below.