Our 3 Day Luxury Sabi Sand Safari package is an unforgettable and thrilling experience you will look back on for many years to come. Set in the heart of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, Tydon Bush Camp is unrivalled in providing a luxury authentic African safari.
This private wildlife safari tour, provides exceptional off-road game drives in the Sabi Sand Reserve by our passionate and skilled guides, who have an extensive knowledge of the area and local wildlife, both big and small. You can experience luxury en suite tented accommodation and our sumptuous home-style South African meals that will leave you wanting more, in the exclusive and intimate Tydon Bush Camp.
Each day of your 3 Day Luxury Sabi Sand Safari adventure, is filled with experiences that will instil a deep love and respect for Africa and the majestic wildlife that inhabit it
3 Day Sabi Sand Safari Experience
- Transfer from one of our designated pick up zones to Tydon Bush Camp
- Two nights of en suite accommodation at Tydon Bush Camp
- Two breakfasts, one lunch and two dinners
- One sunset/evening drive in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- One morning and one afternoon/sunset game drive in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Scenic Panorama Route en route to your post-safari drop off (excluding Skukuza Airport transfers)
Day 1: Transfer to Tydon Bush Camp & Sabi Sand Sunset Drive
- Collection from one of our designated points.
- Transfer from Johannesburg to Tydon Bush Camp which is located just outside of the Kruger National Park is about 6 hours including stops. Lunch will be on guests’ own account.
- On arrival at Bush Camp, you will have a short time to relax, before starting your Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve sunset/night drive.
- After your game drive you can enjoy drinks and a delicious South African dinner before heading to the comfort of your private tent to enjoy a well-deserved night’s sleep.
Day 2: Morning and afternoon Sabi Sand Game Drives
- Early morning coffee and tea and a light snack served in the lapa.
- Morning game drive in the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve. (3 hours)
- Mid-morning breakfast served at Tydon Bush Camp.
- Leisure time at Bush Camp.
- Light lunch served around 14:00 at Bush Camp
- Afternoon/sunset drive in the Sabi Sand Reserve
Day 3: Tydon Bush Camp to Johannesburg or Nelspruit
- After a full breakfast buffet, you depart Tydon Bush Camp travelling back to Johannesburg via the beautiful Panoramic Route (not for Skukuza transfers).
- Your 3 Day luxury Sabi Sand Safari experience comes to an end, back in Johannesburg at your drop off location around 17:00 or in Nelspruit at around 12:00.
About The Safari
This 3 Day Sabi Sand Safari package takes you on a truly remarkable journey into one of Africa’s top private game reserves. The Sabi Sand Game Reserve forms part of the Greater Kruger Park with no fences separating them.
On your three day Sabi Sand Safari adventure, you will enjoy three exhilarating game drives with exciting prospects for sightings of leopard, lion and rhino during game drives. However, there is so much more to an African safari, than the Big Five. A collection of smaller animals adds colour to the safari experience, and one need not leave the comfort of the camp to see massive herds of buffalo, antelope and elephant families which gather at the camp’s waterhole.
This intimate camp located inside Sabi Sand Game Reserve caters to individuals, couples and small groups as it only accommodates eight people in four tented rooms
About Bush Camp
Tydon Bush Camp is a charming intimate tented camp situated in the heart of the exclusive Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve. With only four tented rooms available, Tydon Bush Camp offers a more private wildlife safari experience in one of Africa’s best safari destinations.
Four tented rooms set on raised wooden platforms provide an authentic African bush experience in traditional safari style. Each tent is tucked away in the African bush and has its own deck area with chairs and a small table, and includes an en suite bathroom.
The tented rooms are equipped with all the necessities to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable, including three-quarter size twin beds with linen, comfortable chairs, plug points, air-conditioning, hairdryers and tea and coffee making facilities.
For more information on your transfers, flight information and recommended hotels, please follow the link below: About Your Transfers
Valid 01 November 2018 – 31 October 2019
- R 11 080– package per person sharing.
- R 12 860– single booking rate per person.
- R 230 – per person Conservation Levy.
Valid 01 November 2019 – 31 October 2020
- R 11 970– package per person sharing.
- R 13 890– single booking rate per person.
- R 230 – per person Conservation Levy
- Transport to and from Tydon Bush Camp.
- En suite accommodation at Tydon Bush Camp.
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Game drives in Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- Mosquito and insect repellent spray if needed.
- Panorama Route on your return journey (not Skukuza Airport transfers).
Excluded and/or Special Conditions
- All activities not indicated.
- Meals and drinks en route to and from Tydon Bush Camp.
- Communication costs.
- Conservation levies for Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- Children under 16 not permitted.
- All tours are payable in South African Rand (ZAR).
- It is advisable to check exchange rates with your bankers on the day you book your safari tour.
- All tourist attractions and mandatory stops visited en route to Tydon Bush Camp, as well as the return trips are brief and subject to change depending upon time constraints of the day.
Your 3 Day Luxury Sabi Sand Safari experience starts with a private transfer in an air-conditioned vehicle from Johannesburg, Nelspruit or Skukuza Airport to Tydon Bush Camp, located in the heart of the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve.
On arrival you will be greeted by the tranquil sounds of the bushveld surrounding the camp and a selection of friendly staff waiting to welcome you into Tydon Bush Camp. You will have time to freshen up and familiarize yourself with the camp before embarking on your first sunset/night game drive in
Sabi Sand Game Reserve. The private Sabi Sand Game Reserve is best known for its superb leopard sightings and close-up wildlife encounters.
We return from our first exhilarating game drive after dark, to be met by a welcoming campfire in the ambient outdoor boma area at camp, where we enjoy some refreshing drinks before tucking into a well-prepared dinner. Dinner is served in either the open-air boma under the stars, or in the thatched dining area at the lantern-lit bush camp.
Rise and shine early on the second day of your wildlife safari to the soft morning light of the African wilderness. Enjoy an early morning tea or coffee and light snack before venturing into the unspoilt bush on a morning drive in the Sabi Sands in search of the Big Five, along with an impressive array of other wild animals.
After our rewarding Sabi Sands game drive, we enjoy a delicious mid-morning breakfast followed by some leisure time at Tydon Bush Camp. Take a snooze in your air-conditioned tent, enjoy our special book collection in our lounge area or alternatively, relax on the viewing deck, soaking up the tranquillity of your surroundings.
A light lunch is served around 14:00 before venturing out on an afternoon drive in Sabi Sands Reserve, in an open 4x4 safari vehicle ideal for getting in touch with nature and gaining real experience of the African bush and its wonderful inhabitants.
We return to Tydon Bush Camp for a traditional South African dinner and drinks around the peaceful campfire. The remainder of the evening is spent recounting our adventures in the bush and relaxing under the African night sky before retreating to your private tent for a peaceful night’s sleep.
We say goodbye to the exclusive Tydon Bush Camp, travelling back to Johannesburg or Nelspruit, via the beautiful Panorama Route, taking the special memories of your unforgettable safari home with you.
Highlights of the scenic Panorama Route include God’s Window, Lisbon Falls and Graskop.
Arriving back in Johannesburg around 17:00 or Nelspruit around 12:00, your incredible 3 Day Sabi Sand Safari comes to a close.
Experience three thrilling game drives on your Sabi Sand Safari tour into the exclusive Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve in an open 4x4 safari vehicle, allowing you close encounter wildlife viewing and breath-taking photography opportunities.
Your exclusive African safari adventure begins on your first day with a sunset/night game viewing drive and a refreshing sundowner drink, relaxing amongst the wild animals in the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve.
After a refreshing cup of early morning tea or coffee and light snack, you set out on your morning game drive in Sabi Sand in search of the infamous Big Five (rhino, buffalo, lion, leopard and elephant) and a vast variety of other wild animals as they begin their morning in search of food.
Your afternoon/evening drive in Sabi Sand Game Reserve sees a variety of wild animals leaving the shade of the trees to gather at a watering hole. Our passionate and experienced guides ensure that you get the most out of your game drives in this exclusive part of Greater Kruger National Park.
Meals at Tydon Safari Camp
At Tydon African Safaris we consider homely South African cuisine an essential part of the African safari experience. The meals that we serve are a reflection of real home-style South African food; we do cater for vegetarians.
A traditional cooked breakfast buffet with a selection of fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereals, and freshly baked muffins and crumpets is served after your morning game drive, or before departure on your last day of safari.
Lunchtime is served at camp during the heat of the day, therefore we prepare a light refreshing meal accompanied by a selection of fresh salads and chilled fruit that satisfy the taste buds.
Ice-cold beverages and fruit juices are available for purchase.
Scents of traditional South African food, generally cooked over an open fire or in a potjie pot (three legged pot), whet your appetite for the sumptuous meal to come. In true South African style, we all eat together in the lantern lit open air boma around the crackling campfire under the African sky.