Join us for a truly unique and unforgettable African safari in the Kruger National Park. Our 4 Day Budget Kruger Park Safari tour takes you on a safari adventure you will never forget.
This unique safari will take you into the heart of the bushveld and the southern part of the Kruger National Park which is the most highly populated area with wildlife and birds due to the different vegetation types and abundance of water.
Not only will this 4 Day Budget Kruger Park Safari package give you one of the best African safari experiences, but you will be staying in our comfortably rustic eco-friendly camp. Experience the peace and tranquillity of the African bushveld in this intimate camp surrounded by indigenous trees in the unspoilt bush. Tydon Eco Camp is situated just outside the famous Kruger National Park along the border of the exclusive Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve.
On this 4 Day Budget Kruger Park Safari package we explore the game-rich Kruger National Park on thrilling drives lead by our professional skilled game rangers, who share their extensive experience and knowledge with you. Encounter Africa’s Big Five – lion, leopard, rhino, buffalo and elephant, as well as an abundance of other wild animals and birds on this authentic wildlife safari.
4 Day Budget Kruger National Park Safari Overview
- Private transfer between Johannesburg, Nelspruit or Skukuza and Tydon Eco Camp
- Two morning and two afternoon Kruger National Park game drives and a sunset/night drive in the Greater Kruger Park
- Three nights’ accommodation at Tydon Eco Camp
- Three breakfasts, two lunches and three dinners
- Scenic Panorama Route en route to Johannesburg or Nelspruit. No Panorama Route for Skukuza transfers.
Day 1: Transfer to Tydon Eco Camp & Greater Kruger Park Sunset/Night Drive
- Collection from one of our designated areas/pick up points.
- The drive from Johannesburg to Tydon Eco Camp, situated on the border of the Kruger Park, is about 6 hours (including stops). Lunch will be on guests’ own account.
- Once you arrive at camp, you will have time to relax and freshen up, before your sunset game drive in the Greater Kruger Park.
- After your sunset/night game drive, we head back to Tydon Eco Camp for a delicious South African dinner and drinks before retreating to your private tent for a well-deserved night’s sleep in the bushveld.
Day 2 & 3: Kruger National Park Game Drives
- Coffee and tea, and a light snack served in the lapa before your morning drive.
- Morning drive in Kruger National Park drive – 3 hours.
- Breakfast served in the lapa
- Relaxing, free time at Eco camp
- Light lunch served at camp in the lapa
- Kruger National Park afternoon game drive – 3 hours.
- Dinner will be served in the main dining area or outdoor boma (weather dependent).
Day 4: Private Transfer from Tydon Eco Camp via the Panorama Route
- You depart from Eco Camp after a leisurely breakfast, travelling via the scenic Panoramic Route (not included in Skukuza transfers).
- Your 4 Day Kruger Park Safari comes to an end in Johannesburg at around 17:00 or 12:00 in Nelspruit.
About The Safari
This 4 Day Budget Kruger Park Safari takes you on a wildlife adventure you will never forget into the beautiful and culturally rich Kruger National Park.
During your 4 Day Budget Kruger Park Safari you will spend your days soaking up the beauty and tranquillity of the breath-taking game reserve and the wildlife that inhabit it.
Watching a pod of hippo’s playing in the river, a lioness crouching in wait of her prey or the sky lit up in the vibrant reds and oranges typical of an African sunset are experiences that are hard to put into words. They are experiences that have to be witnessed first-hand.
Our skilled and passionate guides make sure you get the most out of your game drives in the Kruger, leaving you with fond memories of this majestic area that you will look back on for many years to come.
About The Tydon Eco Camp
Tydon Eco Camp is a unique picturesque tented camp nestled in the unspoilt bushveld. Having been built using natural materials of wood, stone, thatch and canvas and making use of solar power and gas, it is our more environmentally conscious camp – allowing you to have the best wildlife experience with limited impact on the environment.Facilities at Tydon Eco Camp include:
Chic safari styled tented rooms on raised wooden platforms create the perfect ambiance for your African safari. The seven tented rooms are equipped with everything you need, including twin beds with linen and African design bedspreads, side table with lampshade, comfortable chairs, plug points and a fan.
A short distance away from your tent along a well-lit path is your own private bathroom fitted with basin, toilet and shower. Shower toiletries, bath towels and swimming pool towels are provided.
For more information on your transfers, recommended hotels, and flight information, please follow the link below: About Your Transfers
Valid 01 November 2019 – 31 October 2020
- R 11 330 – package per person sharing.
- R 12 360 – single booking rate per person.
- R 7 325 – children 12 years and under.
Valid 01 November 2020 – 31 October 2021
- R 12 123 – package per person sharing.
- R 13 225 – single booking rate per person.
- R 7 838 – children 12 years and under.
- Private transfer to and from Johannesburg, Nelspruit or Skukuza.
- Accommodation at Tydon Eco Camp.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- One sunset/night drive on day of arrival.
- Morning and afternoon drives in Kruger National Park
- Conservation levies for Kruger National Park.
- Scenic Panorama Route en route to Johannesburg or Nelspruit post safari (not Skukuza).
Excluded and/or Special Conditions
- All activities not indicated.
- Meals and drinks en route to and from Tydon Eco Camp.
- Communication costs.
- Single adult sharing with a child is applicable at the single rate.
- All tours are payable in South African Rand (ZAR).
- It is advisable to check exchange rates with your bankers on the day you book your safari tour.
- All tourist attractions and mandatory stops visited en route to Tydon Eco Camp, as well as the return trips are brief and subject to change depending upon time constraints of the day.
Your unique 4 Day Kruger National Park Safari begins with a collection in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle from one of our designated collection points to Tydon Eco Camp, situated in the tranquil undisturbed bush on the border of the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve, a mere 10-minute drive to the entrance to the Kruger National Park.
On arrival at Tydon Eco Camp you will be greeted by the sounds of the bush and birdlife in nearby trees as well as friendly staff waiting to welcome you. You will have a short time to settle into your tent and freshen up before setting out on your sunset drive into the legendary Greater Kruger Park. The smell of delicious traditional South African dinner welcomes you back into camp where in true African style, we all eat together in the open air boma around a crackling campfire. After a hearty dinner you retire to the comfort of your warm bed for a restful night’s sleep after an exciting day in the African bushveld.
Your guide will wake you at first light to enjoy a fresh cup of coffee or tea and light snack while watching the sky light up with exquisite shades of oranges and gold as the sun rises over the plains of Africa.
Filled with anticipation, you set out into the Kruger National Park for your morning drive in search of the Big Five and an abundance of other wildlife.
A full breakfast buffet with an accompaniment of fresh fruit, yoghurts, and freshly baked muffins is served back in Tydon Eco Camp after a rewarding wildlife viewing drive in the Kruger. Cool off in the swimming pool under the warm African sun, or relax and unwind under the shade of the trees, enjoying the peace and tranquillity of your surroundings before a light lunch is served and your afternoon game drive in the Kruger Park begins.
Whether it’s serenely watching a herd of elephant feast on the vegetation or watching from the edge of your seat as a warthog family runs for their lives as a pride of lions investigate their den, you never know what the African bush has in store for you each day.
On arrival back at Tydon Eco Camp you are invited to relax with pre-dinner drinks and a delectable South African dinner served around the camp fire in the outdoor boma – weather permitting – before retreating to your private tent for a well-deserved night’s sleep.
On your final day, we say goodbye to Tydon Eco Camp and travel via the scenic Panorama Route back to Johannesburg or Nelspruit.
This journey takes you through quaint towns and breath-taking mountain scenery in one of South Africa’s most beautiful regions. Highlights of the scenic Panorama Route include God’s Window, Lisbon Falls and Graskop.
Your incredible 4 Day Budget Kruger Park Safari ends back in Johannesburg around 17:00 or 12:00 in Nelspruit, taking the special memories of your unforgettable safari home with you. There is no Panorama Route if departing from Skukuza Airport.
Each day of your 4 Day Budget Kruger Park Safari tour will take you on exhilarating game drives and one sunset/night drive into the Greater Kruger National Park. Experience the thrill of the bush in open safari vehicles, giving you the best wildlife viewing opportunity; you may even be lucky enough to spot Africa’s famous Big Five (lion, elephant, leopard, rhino and buffalo).
On your first day of safari, your exciting African adventure begins with a sunset/night drive into the Greater Kruger Park. The air comes alive with the sounds of nocturnal animals looking for food and water under the starry African night sky.
After an early morning cup of tea or coffee and a light snack, you head out on your morning drive in the Kruger National Park. The early part of the day is spent exploring all the sights and sounds of the animals, birds and insects as they start their day in search of food.
With the heat of the day cooling down, your afternoon game drive into Kruger Park will see a variety of wild animals leaving the shade of the indigenous trees in search of a watering hole. Your experienced and passionate guide has an in-depth knowledge of the local wildlife, both big and small, and welcomes opportunities to share his knowledge with you.
Meals at Tydon Eco Camp
Authentic South African cuisine is an essential part of the Tydon African Safaris experience. The meals we serve are a reflection of real home-style South African food. We do cater for vegetarians.
Your day starts with early morning tea or coffee and a light snack before your morning game drive into the Kruger National Park. On return to Eco Camp, a sumptuous cooked breakfast buffet will be served with a selection of fresh fruits, yoghurt, cereals, and freshly baked muffins. Fresh fruit juice will be supplied.
Lunchtime is a light refreshing meal accompanied by a selection of fresh salads and fruit served at Eco camp during the heat of the day.
Ice-cold beverages and fruit juices are available for purchase.
In true South African style, we all eat together in the open-air boma around the crackling campfire – weather permitting – under a blanket of stars in the African sky, while the sounds of nocturnal animals calling in the distance can often be heard.