Explore the magic of the untamed African bush on this 4 Day Luxury Sabi Sand Safari experience set in the heart of one the oldest and most successful private reserves in South Africa, the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve.
The exclusive Sabi Sand Game Reserve is one of Africa’s top safari destinations, sharing unfenced borders with the world renowned Kruger National Park
Combining luxury en suite tented accommodation, delicious traditional South African cuisine and exhilarating off road game viewing drives in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, this 4 Day Sabi Sand Safari experience will capture a piece of your soul.
Our game drives are conducted by experienced guides with substantial knowledge of the area and local wildlife, ensuring that you get the most out of your 4 Day Sabi Sand wildlife safari.
Each day of your Sabi Sand safari adventure is filled with special moments and experiences that will instil a deep love and respect for Africa and the wildlife that inhabit it.
4 Day Sabi Sand Safari Experience
- Transport from one of our designated pick up areas to Tydon Bush Camp
- Three nights of en suite accommodation at Tydon Bush Camp
- Three breakfasts, two lunch and three dinners
- One sunset/evening drive into the Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Two morning and two afternoon game drive in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Scenic Panorama Route en route to your post-safari drop off (excluding Skukuza Airport)
Day 1: Transfer to Tydon Bush Camp & Sabi Sand Sunset Drive
- Collection from designated pick up area.
- Transfer from Johannesburg to Tydon Bush Camp situated on the border of the Kruger National Park is around 6 hours including stops. Lunch will be on guests’ own account.
- On arrival at Tydon Bush Camp, you will have time to settle into your tented room before embarking on a Sabi Sand sunset/night game drive.
- After your sunset drive in Sabi Sand you can enjoy an ice-cold beverage and a delicious homely South African dinner before retiring to the comfort of your private tent.
Day 2 and 3: Sabi Sand Game Drives
- Early morning coffee and tea and light snack served in the thatched dining area
- Early morning game drive in Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve. (3 hours)
- Mid-morning breakfast served at Tydon Bush Camp
- Relaxing free time at Tydon Bush Camp
- A light lunch is served at Bush Camp in the main dining area.
- Afternoon/evening game drive in Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve. (3 hours)
- Pre-dinner drinks and dinner will be served in the outdoor boma
Day 4: Tydon Bush Camp to Johannesburg or Nelspruit via the Panoramic route
- After a delicious breakfast buffet, you depart from Tydon Bush Camp travelling back to Johannesburg via the scenic Panorama Route.
- Your 4 Day Luxury Sabi Sand Safari experience comes to an end, at your drop off location around 17:00 in Johannesburg or about 12:00 in Nelspruit.
About the Safari
This 4 Day Luxury Sabi Sand Safari package takes you on an extraordinary wildlife journey into South Africa’s oldest private game reserve, the beautiful and exclusive Sabi Sand Game Reserve which forms part of the Greater Kruger Park with a 50 kilometre unfenced boundary between them.
Our 4 Day Sabi Sand Safari tour gives you the opportunity to go on three sunset drives and two early morning wildlife viewing drives in one of the largest game reserves in Africa giving you the unique opportunity to experience the wildlife by day and night.
On the morning game viewing drive, you witness the sun rising over the Kruger National Park and the animals starting to move around in search of food. On the sunset drives you have the opportunity to take excellent photos of the sun setting over the Drakensburg mountain range.
The night drives add a different experience as we explore the area, looking for the nocturnal predators and wildlife that come out in search of their next meal, which varies from the smallest antelope to the larger Buffalo.
The intimate Tydon Bush Camp is one of the best safari holidays, giving you a truly memorable safari adventure exploring the magic of the untamed African bush.
About Bush Camp
Tydon Bush Camp is a charming intimate tented camp situated in the heart of the exclusive Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve. With only four tented rooms available, Tydon Bush Camp offers a more private wildlife safari experience in one of Africa’s best safari destinations.
Tydon Bush Camp features four comfortable tented rooms with en suite bathrooms, perched on raised wooden platforms providing a luxurious African bush experience. Each tented room is tucked away in the African bush and has its own deck area with chairs and a small table for relaxing in nature.
Each canvas tented room is equipped with all you need to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable, including three-quarter size twin beds with linen, comfortable chairs, plug points, air-conditioning, hairdryer and tea and coffee amenities.
For more information on your transfers, recommended hotels, and flight information, please follow the link below: About Your Transfers
Valid 01 November 2019 – 31 October 2020
- R 15 810– package per person sharing.
- R 18 500– single booking rate per person.
- R 345 – per person Conservation Levy.
Valid 01 November 2020 – 31 October 2021
- R 16 917– package per person sharing.
- R 19 795– single booking rate per person.
- R 345 – per person Conservation Levy.
- R 8 517 - children 12 years and under
- Transport to and from Tydon Bush Camp.
- En suite accommodation at Tydon Bush Camp.
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Game drives in Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- Mosquito and insect repellent spray if needed.
- Panorama Route on your return journey (not Skukuza Airport transfers).
Excluded and/or Special Conditions
- All activities not indicated.
- Meals and drinks en route to and from Tydon Bush Camp.
- Communication costs.
- Conservation levies for Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- Children under 16 not permitted.
- All tours are payable in South African Rand (ZAR).
- It is advisable to check exchange rates with your bankers on the day you book your safari tour.
- All tourist attractions and mandatory stops visited en route to Tydon Bush Camp, as well as the return trips are brief and subject to change depending upon time constraints of the day.
Your exciting 4 Day Sabi Sand Safari begins with a private transfer from one of our designated collection points to Tydon Bush Camp located inside the exclusive Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve.
There will be time to settle into your en suite tented room and familiarize yourself with the camp before embarking on your sunset/night game drive in the Sabi Sand where you will enjoy a refreshing sundowner amongst the wildlife.
The scents of homely South African food welcome you back to Bush Camp for a delicious dinner served around the crackling campfire in the open boma. After a hearty meal, you retreat to the comfort of your warm bed for a good nights sleep in the heart of the African bushveld.
Rise and shine early to enjoy a refreshing cup of coffee or tea and light snack before your early morning drive in the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve in search of Africa’s Big Five (lion, elephant, leopard, rhino, and buffalo) and the vast variety of other wild animals that inhabit this beautiful reserve.
A delicious mid-morning breakfast buffet with accompaniments of fresh fruit, muffins and yogurt is served at Bush Camp in the main dining area after a rewarding game viewing drive in Sabi Sand Reserve. Relax on the viewing deck enjoying the sounds of the bush and local birdlife in the nearby trees, soaking up the tranquillity of your surroundings or enjoy a catnap in your air-conditioned tent before a light lunch is served at around two o’clock.
Your sunset/evening drive is an exciting opportunity to find and watch predators coming out to hunt for their next meal as the sun setting over the Drakensburg mountain range lights up the sky in breathtaking shades of pinks, reds, and golds typical of an African sunset.
As the day comes to an end, we enjoy a hearty meal in the open air boma around the flickering fire, recounting the day’s adventures.
After a leisurely breakfast at around 07:30, we bid farewell to Tydon Bush Camp travelling via the scenic and beautiful Panorama Route (excluding Skukuza Airport transfers), back to the bustling city of Johannesburg or nearby Nelspruit.
Your 4 Day Luxury Sabi Sand Safari experience comes to an end at your drop off location at around 17:00 in Johannesburg or in Nelspruit at around 12:00, taking the memories of your African safari adventure home with you.
Our 4 Day Luxury Safari adventure sees you on two early morning and three sunset/night game viewing drives in one of the most sort after safari destinations, the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve.
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is one of the most world renowned safari destinations, allowing you a private game viewing experience with little to no congestion at the animal sightings as well as allowing the 4×4 safari vehicles to go off road, giving you more wildlife viewing opportunities.
Our game drives are conducted by experienced guides with an in-depth knowledge of the local wildlife and their preferred ‘hang out’ spots, in open 4×4 safari vehicles in this exclusive part of Greater Kruger National Park.
We welcome you to explore the untamed African bush at our unique tented bush camp in the wild – a chance to discover the magic of unspoilt Africa at her best.
The meals served at Tydon Bush Camp are a reflection of real South African food. We consider homely South African cuisine to be an essential part of the Tydon African Safaris experience; we do cater for vegetarians.
A delicious breakfast is served after your early morning game drive or before departure on your last day of safari. There is a selection of fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereals, and freshly baked flapjacks/crumpets complementing a traditional cooked breakfast buffet; fresh fruit juice is also on offer.
A refreshing, light lunch is served in the main dining area during the heat of the day, along with an accompaniment of fresh fruit and salads.
Ice-cold beverages and fruit juices are available for purchase.
Scents of traditional South African food, generally cooked over an open fire or in a potjie pot (three-legged pot), whet your appetite for the sumptuous meal to come. In true African style, we all eat together in the lantern lit open air boma around the flickering campfire under the African sky, while the sounds of nocturnal animals calling in the distance can often be heard.
Ice-cold beverages or a bottle of fine South African wine are available to purchase.