Our 5 Day Budget Kruger Park Safari tour is an experience of a lifetime taking you into the world-famous Kruger National Park and providing a glamping experience in the beautiful and intimate tented Eco Camp.
Tydon Eco Camp is a charming and unique tented camp situated on the border of the exclusive Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve. This camp is our eco-friendly camp using gas and solar power only, and has been built from natural materials such as: stone, wood, and canvas, allowing you to experience the best of Africa with limited impact on the environment.
This Kruger safari package takes you on one sunset/night drive, three morning and three afternoon game viewing drives into the southern region of the Kruger Park. This is the most populated region of the Kruger with an abundance of birds and wildlife roaming the area, due to the variety of vegetation, watering holes and rivers. Our passionate and skilled guides have an extensive knowledge of the area and the local wildlife that inhabit it, making sure you that you get the most out of your 5 Day Budget Kruger Safari tour.
4 Night / 5 Day Budget Kruger National Park Eco Camp Safari
- Private transfer between Johannesburg, Nelspruit or Skukuza and Tydon Eco Camp
- Four nights’ accommodation at Tydon Eco Camp
- One sunset/night drive in the Greater Kruger on day of arrival
- Three morning and three afternoon game drives in the Kruger National Park
- Four breakfasts, three lunches and four dinners
- Scenic Panorama Route en route to Johannesburg or Nelspruit (not Skukuza)
Day 1: Transfer to Tydon Eco Camp & Greater Kruger Park Sunset/Night Game Drive
- Transfer from one of the designated pick up areas to Tydon Eco Camp.
- Transfer from Johannesburg to Tydon Eco Camp, situated just outside of the Kruger National Park, is around 6 hours (including stops). Lunch will be on guests’ own account.
- On arrival, you will have time to familiarize yourself with your tent and freshen up, before heading out on a Greater Kruger National Park sunset/night game drive.
- After your sunset/night drive we head back to camp for an exquisite traditional South African dinner and drinks before retiring to the rustic comfort of your private tent for a well-deserved night’s sleep after a long day.
Day 2,3 and 4: Kruger National Park Game Drives
- Early morning coffee, tea and light snack served in lapa.
- Morning 3-hour game drive into Kruger National Park
- Breakfast served in the lapa
- Relaxing time at Eco camp
- A light lunch is served in the lapa at the camp
- Afternoon 3-hour game drive into Kruger National Park
- Pre-dinner drinks and dinner will be served in the outdoor boma around the camp fire or main dining area (weather dependent).
Day 5: Private Transfer from Tydon Eco Camp via the Panorama Route
- After a leisurely breakfast, you depart Tydon Eco Camp travelling via the scenic Panorama Route (only for Johannesburg and Nelspruit transfers).
- Your 5 Day Eco Camp Safari comes to an end back in Johannesburg around 17:00 or in Nelspruit at around 12:00.
About The Safari
This 5 Day Budget Kruger Park Safari takes you on a wildlife adventure you will never forget into the beautiful and culturally rich Kruger National Park.
During your 5 Day Budget Kruger Park Safari you will spend your days soaking up the beauty and tranquillity of the breathtaking game reserve and the wildlife that inhabit it.
Watching a pod of hippo’s playing in the river, a lioness crouching in wait of her prey or the sky lit up in the vibrant reds and oranges typical of an African sunset are experiences that are hard to put into words. They are experiences that have to be witnessed first-hand.
Our skilled and passionate guides make sure you get the most out of your game drives in the Kruger, leaving you with fond memories of this majestic area that you will look back on for many years to come.
About The Eco Camp
Tydon Eco Camp is a charming tented camp nestled in the unspoilt amongst indigenous vegetation in the bushveld. Having been built using natural materials of stone, thatch, wood and canvas and making use of solar power and gas, it is our more environmentally conscious camp – allowing you to have an incredible wildlife experience with limited impact on the environment.
Chic safari styled tented rooms on raised wooden platforms set the perfect tone for your African safari experience. The seven tented rooms are equipped with everything you need, including twin beds with linen and African design bedspreads, side table with lampshade, comfortable chairs, plug points and a fan.
A short distance away from your tent along a well-lit path is your own private bathroom fitted with basin, toilet and shower. Shower toiletries, bath towels and swimming pool towels are provided.
For more information on your transfers, recommended hotels, and flight information, please follow the link below: About Your Transfers
Valid 01 November 2019 – 31 October 2020
- R 13 050– package per person sharing.
- R 14 075– single booking rate per person.
- R 8 470– children 12 years and under.
Valid 01 November 2020 – 31 October 2021
- R 13 964 – package per person sharing.
- R 15 060 – single booking rate per person.
- R 9 063 – children 12 years and under.
- Private transfer to and from Johannesburg, Nelspruit or Skukuza.
- Accommodation at Tydon Eco Camp.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- One sunset/night drive on day of arrival.
- Morning and afternoon drives in Kruger National Park
- Conservation levies for Kruger National Park.
- Scenic Panorama Route en route to Johannesburg or Nelspruit post safari (not Skukuza).
Excluded and/or Special Conditions
- All activities not indicated.
- Meals and drinks en route to and from Tydon Eco Camp.
- Communication costs.
- Single adult sharing with a child is applicable at the single rate.
- All tours are payable in South African Rand (ZAR).
- It is advisable to check exchange rates with your bankers on the day you book your safari tour.
- All tourist attractions and mandatory stops visited en route to Tydon Eco Camp, as well as the return trips are brief and subject to change depending upon time constraints of the day.
5 Day Budget Kruger National Park Safari Itinerary
Your classic 5 Day Kruger Park Safari tour begins with a private transfer from Johannesburg, Nelspruit or Skukuza in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle to Tydon Eco Camp.
The first thing that will strike you when settling into your tent at Tydon Eco Camp is the peace and quiet of the bushveld. You will have a chance to familiarize yourself with Tydon Eco Camp, before your sunset/night drive in the legendary Greater Kruger Park.
You will be welcomed back into camp with the smell of a delicious traditional South African dinner, served in the open air boma under the African sky around a crackling campfire. After a hearty dinner you retreat to your private tent for a restful night’s sleep in the comfort of your warm bed after an exciting first day.
Your day starts at first light, enjoying a fresh cup of coffee or tea and light snack while watching in awe as the sky lights up with magnificent shades of reds, oranges and gold as the sun rises over Africa.
You set out into the Kruger National Park, filled with anticipation for your morning drive in search of Africa’s Big Five and a variety of other wildlife.
A breakfast buffet with an accompaniment of yoghurts, fresh fruit and muffins is waiting for you back in Tydon Eco Camp after a splendid drive spotting the wild animals in the Kruger. You will have some free time to relax around the camp, cool off in the swimming pool or sit under the shade of the trees listening to the sounds of the birds in nearby trees before a light lunch is served and your afternoon game drive in the Kruger Park begins.
Whether it’s serenely watching a herd of giraffe walk across the African plains or watching hyena cubs playing in the sand near their den you never know what lies in store for you each day in the African bushveld.
After a rewarding afternoon out in the Kruger National Park, you will be welcomed back to Tydon Eco Camp by some cold beverages in the outdoor boma or swimming pool. Sit back, relax, and enjoy some leisure time before a delicious African dinner is served.
With sad hearts, we say goodbye to Tydon Eco Camp and travel via the Panorama Route through quaint towns and breath-taking mountain scenery.
Highlights of the scenic Panorama Route include God’s Window, Lisbon Falls and Graskop (not included in Skukuza transfer).
Your 5 Day Budget Kruger Park Safari ends in Johannesburg at around 17:00 or in Nelspruit at around 12:00, taking the memories of your remarkable safari home with you.
On this 5 Day Budget Kruger Park Safari tour you will experience six exhilarating game drives and one sunset/night drive in the renowned Greater Kruger Park in open safari vehicles, giving you the best opportunity to find and watch the abundance of wildlife inhabiting the bushveld; you may even spot South Africa’s Big Five (lion, elephant, leopard, rhino and buffalo).
Your exciting African adventure begins with a sunset evening drive in the Greater Kruger National Park on your first day of safari. Listen as the air comes alive with the sounds of nocturnal animals looking for food and water under the African sky.
After a cup of early morning coffee or tea and light snack, your morning drive in the Kruger National Park begins. The early part of the morning is spent exploring the sights and sounds of the animals, insects and birds as they start their day in search of food.
As the intense heat of the day cools down, your afternoon drive into Kruger will see a variety of wild animals venturing out of the shade of the trees in search of water. Your passionate guide has an in-depth knowledge of the area and local wildlife, and welcomes opportunities to share his knowledge with you.
Meals at Tydon Eco Camp
Authentic South African cuisine is an essential part of the Tydon African Safaris experience. The meals we serve are a reflection of real home-style South African food. We do cater for vegetarians.
Your day starts with early morning tea or coffee and a light snack before your morning game drive into the Kruger National Park. On return to Eco Camp, a sumptuous cooked breakfast buffet will be served with a selection of fresh fruits, yoghurt, cereals, and freshly baked muffins. Fresh fruit juice will be supplied.
Lunchtime is a light refreshing meal accompanied by a selection of fresh salads and chilled fruits served at Eco camp during the heat of the day.
Ice-cold beverages and fruit juices are available for purchase.
In true South African style, we all eat together in the open-air boma around the crackling campfire – weather permitting – under a blanket of stars in the African sky, while the sounds of nocturnal animals calling in the distance can often be heard.