Join us for an extraordinary wildlife safari in one of the best safari destinations in Africa. Our 5 Day Sabi Sand Luxury Safari tour takes you into the exclusive Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve forming part of the Greater Kruger National Park.
This 5 Day Sabi Sand Safari package is an experience of a lifetime. Providing an authentic African bush experience in luxury private tented accommodation with en suite bathrooms set back in the indigenous vegetation; personal service and careful attention to every detail of your stay; exhilarating off road game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles conducted by skilled guides with in-depth knowledge of the local wildlife and habitats, and sumptuous home-style South African meals that will leave you wanting more.
Each day of your luxury Sabi Sand wildlife safari adventure is filled with special moments and experiences that capture a piece of your soul and leave you with fond memories of Africa that you will look back on for many years to come.
5 Day Sabi Sand Luxury Safari Overview
- Private transfer between designated collection areas and Tydon Bush Camp
- Daily departures between Johannesburg, Nelspruit and Skukuza
- Two morning and four afternoon/sunset game drives in the private Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Morning bush walk in the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve
- Four nights’ accommodation at Tydon Bush Camp
- Four breakfasts, three lunches and four dinners
- Scenic Panorama Route en route to Johannesburg or Nelspruit post safari (excluding Skukuza Airport transfers)
Day 1: Transfer to Tydon Bush Camp & Sabi Sand Sunset Drive
- Pick-up from one of our designated collection destinations.
- Private transfer From Johannesburg to Tydon Bush Camp situated outside of the Kruger Park is around 6 hours including stops. Lunch will be on guests’ own account.
- Once we have arrived at Tydon Bush Camp, you will have time to freshen up, before embarking on your first drive in the Sabi Sand for a sunset game viewing drive.
- After a rewarding game drive, we return to Bush Camp for pre-dinner drinks and a delicious homely South African dinner around the campfire before heading to the comfort of your warm bed for a restful night’s sleep.
Day 2 and 3: Sabi Sand Game Drives
- A refreshing cup of early morning coffee or tea and light snack is served in the thatched dining area
- Early morning game drive in the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve – 3 hours.
- Full breakfast served at Tydon Bush Camp mid-morning after your game drive.
- Leisure time around Tydon Bush Camp
- A light lunch is served at Bush Camp in the main dining area at around 14:00.
- Afternoon/evening game viewing drive in the exclusive Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve – 3 hours.
- Enjoy an ice-cold beverage and hearty dinner in the lantern lit outdoor boma around the campfire.
Day 4: Sabi Sand Bush Walk and Game Drive
- Early morning coffee or tea and a light snack is served in the thatched dining area
- Morning bush walk in the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve
- Full breakfast served at Tydon Bush Camp after your bush walk.
- Leisure time at Tydon Bush Camp
- A refreshing light lunch is served at Bush Camp in the main dining area at around 14:00.
- Afternoon/evening game viewing drive in Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve.
- Relax around the crackling fire in the open air boma enjoy an ice-cold beverage and hearty dinner before retiring to the privacy of your tented room for a restful night’s sleep.
Day 5: Tydon Bush Camp to Johannesburg or Nelspruit via the Panoramic route
- After a leisurely breakfast at around 07:30, we bid farewell to Tydon Bush Camp and travel back to Johannesburg or Nelspruit via the scenic Panorama Route (excluding Skukuza Airport transfers).
- Your 5 Day Luxury Sabi Sand adventure comes to an end in Johannesburg at around 17:00 or in Nelspruit at around 12:00.
About The Safari
Our 5 Day luxury Sabi Sand safari tour takes you into South Africa’s oldest private game reserve on an extraordinary wildlife adventure. The beautiful and exclusive Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve forms part of the Greater Kruger Park with a 50 kilometre unfenced boundary between them.
Our 5 Day Sabi Sand Safari package takes you on four exceptional sunset game drives, two early morning game drives and one guided bush walk in one of the largest game reserves in Africa, giving you a once in a lifetime experience of exploring the African bush on foot.
Witness the beauty of the African bushveld bathed in soft morning light as the sun rises over The Kruger National Park and the animals starting venturing out in search of food. The sunset/evening drives provide the opportunity to take capture the breathtaking beauty of the sun setting over the Drakensburg mountain range.
About Bush Camp
Situated in the heart of the exclusive Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, Tydon Bush Camp is an intimate and unique tented camp. With only four tented rooms available, the exclusive Tydon Bush Camp offers a more private African safari experience in one of Africa’s top safari destinations.
Four luxury tented rooms with en suite bathrooms perched on wooden platforms providing a comfortable authentic African bush experience. Each tented room is tucked away in the serene African bush with its own deck area complete with chairs and a small table for relaxing in nature.
Each tented room is equipped with all you need to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable, including three-quarter size twin beds with linen, comfortable chairs, plug points, air-conditioning, hairdryers and tea and coffee amenities.
For more information on your transfers, recommended hotels, and flight information, please follow the link below: About Your Transfers
Valid 01 November 2018 – 31 October 2019
- R 18 035– package per person sharing on this 5-day package.
- R 21 245 – single booking rate per person on this 5-day package.
- R 345 – Conservation Levy
Valid 01 November 2019 – 31 October 2020
- R 19 480– package per person sharing on this 5-day package.
- R 22 945– single booking rate per person on this 5-day package.
- R 345 – Conservation Levy
- Transport to and from Tydon Bush Camp.
- En suite accommodation at Tydon Bush Camp.
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Game drives in Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- Mosquito and insect repellent spray if needed.
- Panorama Route on your return journey (not Skukuza Airport transfers).
Excluded and/or Special Conditions
- All activities not indicated.
- Meals and drinks en route to and from Tydon Bush Camp.
- Communication costs.
- Conservation levies for Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- Children under 16 not permitted.
- All tours are payable in South African Rand (ZAR).
- It is advisable to check exchange rates with your bankers on the day you book your safari tour.
- All tourist attractions and mandatory stops visited en route to Tydon Bush Camp, as well as the return trips are brief and subject to change depending upon time constraints of the day.
Your 5 Day South African Safari adventure begins with a private transfer from one of our designated destinations to Tydon Bush Camp, located inside the exclusive Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve.
You will have time to settle into your tented room and freshen up before embarking on your first sunset/night drive in the Sabi Sand Reserve where you will have the unique opportunity to enjoy a refreshing sundowner amongst the wildlife.
The decedent scents of home-style South African cooking welcome you back into Bush Camp for a hearty dinner served around the campfire in the outdoor boma.
There is a traditional Afrikaans saying here in South Africa “magies vol, ogies toe” meaning “tummies full, eyes closed”. After a hearty meal there is nothing better than retreating to your private tented room for a peaceful night’s sleep
Your guide will wake you at first light for a refreshing cup of coffee or tea and light snack before starting your early morning game drive in the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve in search of the Big Five (lion, elephant, leopard, rhino, and buffalo) and a variety of other fascinating wild animals that inhabit this beautiful reserve.
A full mid-morning breakfast is served at Bush Camp in the main dining area with accompaniments of fresh fruit, muffins and yogurt after a rewarding game drive in Sabi Sand Reserve.
Relax on the viewing deck soaking up the tranquillity of your surroundings, soak up the warmth of the African sun or lie back with a good book in your air-conditioned tent before a light lunch is served.
Your sunset/night game drive is a thrilling opportunity to find and watch predators as they come out to hunt for their next meal. Watch as the sun setting over the Drakensburg mountains light up the sky in breathtaking shades of orange, red, and gold typical of an African sunset.
After an exciting day in the heart of the bushveld comes to an end, we sit down to a traditional dinner in the open air boma around the crackling campfire, while sounds of animals calling in the distance can often be heard, we recount the day’s adventures in the beautiful Sabi Sand Reserve.
Rise and shine early for a welcoming cup of coffee or tea and light snack as you watch the soft glow of morning light up the bushveld for another extraordinary day in the heart of Africa.
The early part of your morning is spent exploring the African bush on foot for a guided bush walk in the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve, before returning to Bush Camp for a well-deserved breakfast and leisure time to relax and soak up the peace and tranquillity of your surroundings.
A refreshing light lunch and fresh salads are served in the main dining area during the heat of the day at around 14:00 before you venture into the bush once again for an evening game viewing drive.
The scents of delicious African food being prepared ignite your senses while enjoying a refreshing beverage around the campfire under the beauty of the star filled night sky.
After a leisurely breakfast at around 07:30, we bid farewell to Tydon Bush Camp travelling via the scenic and beautiful Panorama Route, back to the bustling city of Johannesburg or Nelspruit.
Your 5 Day Luxury Sabi Sand Safari experience comes to an end at your drop off location in Johannesburg at around 17:00 or in Nelspruit at around 12:00. Taking the memories of your African safari adventure home with you.
Our 5 Day Luxury Safari adventure sees you on two early morning and four sunset/night game viewing drives, and one guided bush walk in one of the most sort after safari destinations, the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve.
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is one of the most world-renowned safari destinations, allowing you a private game viewing experience with little to no congestion at the animal sightings as well as allowing the 4×4 safari vehicles to go off road, giving you more wildlife viewing opportunities.
Our game drives are conducted by experienced guides with an in-depth knowledge of the local wildlife and their preferred ‘hang out’ spots, in open 4×4 safari vehicles in this exclusive part of Greater Kruger National Park.
We welcome you to explore the untamed African bush at our unique tented bush camp in the wild – a chance to discover the magic of unspoilt Africa at her best.
The meals served at Tydon Bush Camp are a reflection of real South African food. We consider homely South African cuisine to be an essential part of the Tydon African Safaris experience; we do cater for vegetarians.
A delicious breakfast is served after your early morning game drive or before departure on your last day of safari. There is a selection of fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereals, and freshly baked flapjacks/crumpets complementing a traditional cooked breakfast buffet; fresh fruit juice is also on offer.
A refreshing, light lunch is served in the main dining area during the heat of the day, along with an accompaniment of fresh fruit and salads.
Ice-cold beverages and fruit juices are available for purchase.
Scents of traditional South African food, generally cooked over an open fire or in a potjie pot (three-legged pot), whet your appetite for the sumptuous meal to come. In true African style, we all eat together in the lantern lit open air boma around the flickering campfire under the African sky, while the sounds of nocturnal animals calling in the distance can often be heard.
Ice-cold beverages or a bottle of fine South African wine are available to purchase.