Book this Luxury Safari package which offers an experience of a lifetime taking you into both the Kruger National Park and the exclusive Sabi Sand Game Reserve, making it one of the best African safari tours available.
This 6 Day Safari tour is considered luxury, however, at an affordable rate you can explore the top safari destination in Africa.
The 6 Day Kruger Park and Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve Safari takes you to the heart of the wild where you experience it from the open vehicle game drives, as well as on foot on one of our guided bush walks.
This classic African safari package is available to small groups, single people, couples and families, as there are family tents available at the luxury tented Safari Camp. The tented camp offers a true African experience, making sure that you break away from the city life and join us under the African sky for a special treat.
6 Day Safari Camp Overview
- Transfer between designated pick up areas and Tydon Safari Camp
- Daily departures from Johannesburg, Nelspruit or Skukuza
- Three morning and five afternoon/sunset game drives in the Kruger National Park and Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve
- One morning bush walk in the Sabi Sand Reserve
- Five nights’ accommodation at Tydon Safari Camp
- Five breakfasts, four lunches and five dinners
- Scenic Panorama Route en route to Johannesburg or Nelspruit post safari.
Day 1: Transfer to Tydon Safari Camp & Sunset Drive in Sabi Sand
- Transfer from designated pick up area to Tydon Safari Camp.
- Transfer from Johannesburg to Tydon Safari Camp situated just outside on the border of the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve is around 6 hours including stops. Lunch will be on guests’ own account.
- Once you arrive at camp, you will have time to relax and freshen up, before your sunset game drive in the Sabi Sand begins.
- After your evening drive we head back to camp for an exquisite traditional South African dinner and drinks.
Day 2: Morning and Afternoon Kruger National Park Game Drives
- Early morning coffee and tea and light snack served in the lapa.
- Morning game drive in the Kruger National Park. (3 hours)
- Breakfast is served in our lapa
- Relaxing free time at Safari Camp
- Lunch is served in the lapa at Safari Camp
- Afternoon drive in Kruger National Park. (3 hours)
- Pre-dinner drinks and dinner will be served in the outdoor boma or main dining area (weather dependent).
Day 3: Morning Bush Walk and Sunset Drive in the Sabi Sand Reserve
- Early morning coffee and tea and a light snack served in the main dining area before the morning game drive
- Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve morning game walk
- Mid-morning breakfast is served at Tydon Safari Camp
- Free time to rest or explore at camp
- A light lunch will be served in the lapa area around 14:00 at Tydon Safari Camp
- Sabi Sand Game Reserve sunset/night safari drive
- Dinner and drinks at Tydon Safari Camp
Day 4: Morning and Afternoon Game Drives in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Start your day with a cup of early morning coffee or tea and snack before the morning drive in Sabi Sands Reserve
- 3-hour morning game drive in the Sabi Sand Private Reserve
- Mid-morning breakfast served at Tydon Safari Camp
- Relaxing free time around Safari Camp
- Lunch is served at Safari Camp in the main dining area at around 14:00
- 3-hour afternoon/sunset game drive in Sabi Sand Reserve
- Enjoy an ice-cold beverage and traditional dinner at Safari Camp in the lantern lit boma around the crackling campfire
Day 5: Morning and Afternoon Game Drives in the Kruger National Park
- Early morning coffee or tea and a light snack served in the main dining area
- 3-hour morning game drive in the Kruger Park
- Breakfast is served at Tydon Safari Camp
- Relaxing free time at Safari Camp
- A light lunch is served at Tydon Safari Camp at around 14:00 in the main dining area
- 3-hour afternoon game drive in the Kruger Park
- Enjoy a delicious traditional South African dinner and an ice-cold beverage at Safari Camp in the lantern lit outdoor boma around the campfire
Day 6: Tydon Safari Camp to Johannesburg or Nelspruit via Panorama Route
- After a relaxed breakfast at around 08:00, you depart for Johannesburg or Nelspruit travelling via the Panorama Route (not included in Skukuza transfers).
- Your 6 Day Kruger Park and Sabi Sand Safari comes to an end back in Johannesburg at your drop off point around 17:00 and in Nelspruit at around 12:00.
About The Safari
The first day after a scenic drive from Johannesburg, you get to experience the true African tented safari experience while staying at our Safari Tented Camp or a mixture of the Safari tented camp and the Bush tented camp situated inside Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
Both camps offer a true glamping experience, giving you the opportunity of staying in the heart of the bushveld but still offering luxury tented accommodation.
This luxury Kruger National Park and Sabi Sand Safari experience will give you the opportunity to view the wildlife on eight game drives and one bush walk in the most popular wildlife viewing area, being in the southern areas of the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve and the Kruger National Park. This area attracts large variety of wildlife due to the abundance of water and different vegetation types.
Tydon Safari Camp features seven canvas en suite tented rooms that combine comfort and privacy while maintaining the traditions of an African safari camp.
Each canvas tented room rests on a wooden platform and feature twin three quarter size beds with linen, side tables with lampshades, air-conditioning, comfortable chairs, mosquito nets, hairdryer, luggage stands, plug points as well as tea and coffee making facilities.
Children have the unique experience of staying in their own canvas tented room (not en suite) on the same deck as their parents; alternatively we can provide stretchers in the same tent as the parents.
For more information on your transfers, recommended hotels, and flight information, please follow the link below: About Your Transfers
Valid 01 November 2018 – 31 October 2019
- R 21 600 – package per person sharing.
- R 24 915 – single booking rate per person.
- R 10 810 – children 12 years and under.
- R 345 – per person Conservation Levy.
Valid 01 November 2019 – 31 October 2020
- R 23 330 – package per person sharing.
- R 26 910 – single booking rate per person.
- R 11 675 – children 12 years and under.
- R 345 – per person Conservation Levy
- Private transfer to one of our designated areas.
- Accommodation at Tydon Safari Camp.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Drives in the Kruger National Park and Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- Conservation levies for Kruger National Park.
- Scenic Panorama Route en route to Johannesburg or Nelspruit post safari.
Excluded and/or Special Conditions
- All activities not indicated.
- Meals and drinks en route to and from Tydon Safari Camp.
- Communication costs.
- Conservation levies for Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- Single adult sharing with a child is applicable at the single rate.
- All tours are payable in South African Rand (ZAR).
- It is advisable to check exchange rates with your bankers on the day you book your safari tour.
- All tourist attractions and mandatory stops visited en route to Tydon Safari Camp, as well as the return trips are brief and subject to change depending upon time constraints of the day.
- Children are more than welcome at the Tydon Safari Camp; however, there are various restrictions regarding bush activities and room configurations.
- When enquiring about this tour make certain you include the children’s ages for us to be able to send you the child rates and child policy restrictions.
Your 6 Day Kruger Park and Sabi Sand experience begins with a collection in one of our private, comfortable, air-conditioned vehicles from Johannesburg, Nelspruit, Skukuza or your pre-safari designated accommodation.
On arriving at Tydon Safari Camp, we have time to settle in and stretch our legs before embarking on our first exciting game drive in the world-renowned Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve.
We return from our sunset/night game drive after dark, to the appetising aromas of a tasty South African dinner waiting to be served around the cosy campfire in the outdoor boma, where we kick back and relax under the bright stars of the African night sky.
Spend the rest of the evening chatting by the fire, or retire to the privacy of your tent for a good night’s sleep in the heart of the African bush.
The second morning of our luxury African safari starts with early morning tea or coffee and light snack before filled with excitement, we venture into the Kruger Park to explore the African wilderness in search of wild animals.
Our morning game viewing drive takes us in search of Africa’s Big Five (rhino, leopard, lion, buffalo and elephant) and the vast variety of other wildlife and birds that inhabit the legendary Kruger National Park.
After our morning adventure in the Kruger Park we return to Tydon Safari Camp for a well-deserved mid-morning breakfast. After breakfast enjoy some free time set aside to explore the camp, take a refreshing dip in the swimming pool, relax in the lounge area with some board games, or spend some time on the viewing deck where you can sit back and take in the peace of the South African bush.
A light and refreshing lunch is served in the dining area at around 14:00, after which we venture back in to the Kruger National Park on an afternoon safari drive.
At the end of the day we return to Tydon Safari Camp for a welcomed drink in the open air boma around the campfire before a well-prepared hearty dinner is served under the African sky or in the enclosed dining area.
Day three of your African safari takes you on an unforgettable wildlife adventure of a lifetime. Explore the African wilderness on foot on a bush walk with an experienced guide, where you may come face-to-face with a herd of elephants, pride of lions and other wild animals is an exhilarating experience that is sure to get your adrenaline surging.
Returning to camp after our exhilarating bush walk in the Sabi Sand Reserve, we tuck into a tasty breakfast. Then you have free time for a rejuvenating swim in the pool or a well-deserved nap in your air-conditioned African-style tent.
A fresh spread is served for lunch in the camp’s dining area around 14:00. In the late afternoon we set off on our sunset/night drive giving you time to rest after lunch.
We return to the camp in the evening for pre-dinner drinks around the welcoming campfire. A well-prepared dinner is then served in the dining boma out under star-studded skies, or in the main dining area.
Today we return to Sabi Sand Game Reserve, exploring the bush on a morning and sunset/night game drive, aiming to get as close to the animals as possible for great wildlife photographs.
We have a scrumptious breakfast after our morning game drive in the prestigious Sabi Sand Game Reserve and then you are free until lunch is served at Tydon Safari Camp. Later we make our way back into the bush on a sunset/night game drive, returning to camp for dinner and an evening under the African night sky.
Start your day in the African wilderness with a morning coffee or tea and light snack, taking in this unspoilt bush setting in the golden morning light.
Our last day of game viewing is spent exploring the Kruger National Park, beginning with an early morning game drive. We head into the bush in an open safari vehicle in search of any wild animals that may have evaded us thus far.
A mid-morning breakfast is served back at Safari Camp and then you are free to rest and explore the camp at your leisure.
After a light refreshing lunch served around 14:00 we head back to Kruger Park in search of Africa’s wild and wonderful animals. Then it’s back to camp for some cold beverages and a wholesome dinner around the flickering campfire.
On the last day of our eventful Sabi Sand and Kruger Park Safari we depart from Tydon Safari Camp, having experienced the wildlife adventures of a lifetime.We travel via the scenic Panorama Route on our way back to Johannesburg or Nelspruit.
The drive takes us through beautiful landscapes and quaint towns with highlights including the God’s Window, Lisbon Falls and Graskop in the southern Blyde River Canyon area.
Our 6 Day Sabi Sand and Kruger Park Safari ends back in Johannesburg at about 17:00 and around 12:00 in Nelspruit, taking home the magical memories and photos of our encounters with Africa’s wild and wonderful creatures. We leave only our footprints behind in the African bushveld.
Our Luxury 6 Day Kruger Park Safari package offers four game drives and one bush walk in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve and four game drives in the Kruger National Park. These drives take you into the African Bushveld exploring and viewing the animals which include the in-famous Big Five (rhino, elephant, buffalo, lion and leopard), as well as numerous antelope and abundant bird species. The Sabi Sand Private Game Reserves offers you the opportunity to view all of this in private.
The first drive to view the wildlife takes you into the Sabi Sand Game Reserve where you will have a sunset/night drive and enjoy a sundowner while admiring the wildlife and the stunning African sunsets.
This luxury Kruger National Park and Sabi Sand Safari experience will give you the opportunity to view the wildlife in the most popular wildlife viewing area, being in the southern areas of the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve and the Kruger National Park. The southern area of the Kruger Park is the most highly populated area for wildlife and birds. This area is close to Skukuza which is the main camp in the Kruger National Park and situated on the Sabi River. This area attracts large variety of wildlife due to the abundance of water and different vegetation types.
Meals at Tydon Safari Camp
Much of a country and its culture is expressed through its cuisine. The meals that we serve is a reflection of real home-style South African food; we do cater for vegetarians.
Start your day with early morning tea or coffee and a light snack before setting out on a morning game viewing drive. On your return to Safari Camp, a traditional cooked breakfast buffet will be served with a selection of fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereals and freshly baked muffins. Fresh fruit juice is supplied.
Lunchtime is served at camp during the heat of the day, therefore we prepare light refreshing meals accompanied by a selection of fresh salads and chilled fruit that satisfy the taste buds.
Ice-cold beverages and fruit juices are available for purchase.
In true safari style, we all eat together in the open air boma around a crackling campfire under a blanket of stars in the African skies, while the sounds of nocturnal animals calling in the distance can often be heard.