Leave the city behind and enjoy a break away into the heart of the bushveld on a 7 Day African Safari tour into the Kruger National Park and exclusive Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve.
This 7 Day exclusive safari tour takes you on a wildlife adventure where you will have the opportunity to see the famous Big-five (leopard, lion, elephant, buffalo and rhino), various other wildlife, such as, zebra, giraffe, hippo and wild dogs, as well as a vast variety of birdlife.
You will experience this classic 7 Day African Safari in open vehicle game drives into the Kruger National Park and the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, as well as on foot for an incredible guided bush walk among the wildlife inside the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve.
In the evenings you will enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the bushveld as you are treated to home-style traditional South African cuisine, which is served in the outdoor boma around the open fire under a blanket of stars.
Our tented Safari Camp offers a true glamping experience, giving you the opportunity of staying in the heart of the bushveld in luxury tented accommodation at an affordable rate, allowing you to explore one of the world’s best safari destinations.
7 Day Kruger Park & Sabi Sand Safari
- Transfer between designated pick up areas and Tydon Safari Camp
- Daily departures
- Four morning and six afternoon/evening game drives in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve and Kruger National Park
- Morning bush walk in the private Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Six nights’ accommodation at Tydon Safari Camp
- Six breakfasts, five lunches and six dinners
- Scenic Panorama Route en route to Johannesburg or Nelspruit post safari (not included in Skukuza transfers).
Day 1: Transfer to Tydon Safari Camp & Exclusive Sabi Sand Sunset Drive
- Collection from one of our designated pick up areas in Johannesburg or one of the local airports.
- Private transfer to Tydon Safari Camp from Johannesburg, located on the border of the Kruger National Park, is around 6 hours including stops. Lunch will be on guests’ own account.
- Once we have checked into Safari Camp, there will be time to settle into your tent before you head off on your sunset game drive in the private Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- After your sunset game drive, we return to Tydon Safari Camp for a delicious South African dinner and a refreshing ice cold beverage before retreating to your private tent for a well-deserved night’s sleep in the bushveld.
Day 2 and 3: Morning and afternoon Kruger National Park Game Drives
- Early morning coffee, tea and light snack served in the thatched lapa
- Morning game viewing drive in The Kruger National Park. (3 hours)
- Mid-morning breakfast served after your game viewing drive
- Relaxing free time at Safari Camp
- A light lunch is served in the thatched lapa in Safari Camp
- Afternoon game viewing drive in The Kruger National Park. (3 hours)
- Pre-dinner drinks and a homely South African dinner will be served in the outdoor boma or main dining area (weather dependent).
Day 4: Morning Bush Walk and Evening Drive in the Sabi Sand
- Early morning hot drinks and a light snack served in the main dining area
- Sabi Sand morning game walk
- Breakfast served back at Tydon Safari Camp – mid-morning
- Free time to rest or explore at camp
- Light lunch will be served in the lapa area around 14:00
- Sabi Sand sunset/night game drive
- Dinner and drinks at Tydon Safari Camp
Day 5: Morning and Afternoon Game Drives in the Kruger National Park
- A refreshing cup of early morning coffee or tea and light snack is served in the main dining area at Tydon Safari Camp
- 3-hour morning game drive in Kruger Park
- Mid-morning breakfast served at Tydon Safari Camp
- Relaxing free time around Safari Camp
- A light lunch is served at Tydon Safari Camp in the main dining area at around 14:00
- 3-hour afternoon game drive in Kruger Park
- Enjoy an ice-cold beverage and hearty dinner at Safari Camp in the lantern lit outdoor boma around the campfire
Day 6: Morning and Afternoon Game Drives in Sabi Sand
- Early morning coffee or tea and a light snack is served in the main dining area at Tydon Safari Camp
- 3-hour morning game drive in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Breakfast served at Tydon Safari Camp after your morning drive
- Relaxing free time at Tydon Safari Camp
- A light lunch is served at Tydon Safari Camp at around 14:00 in the main dining area
- 3-hour afternoon game drive in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Enjoy a hearty traditional dinner and an ice-cold beverage at Safari Camp in the lantern lit outdoor boma around the flickering campfire
Day 7: Tydon Safari Camp to Johannesburg or Nelspruit
- After a relaxed breakfast, you depart for Johannesburg or Nelspruit travelling via the Panorama Route (Not included in Skukuza transfers).
- Your 7 Day Kruger Park and Sabi Sand Safari comes to an end back in Johannesburg at your designated drop off point around 17:00 or in Nelspruit at around 12:00.
About The Safari
Our 7 Day Luxury African Safari package is available to both small or large groups, single travellers, couples and families, as there are family tents available at the safari tented camp.
This luxury Kruger National Park and Sabi Sand Safari experience is one of the most affordable and popular Kruger Park tours as it will give you the opportunity to view the wildlife in the most popular wildlife viewing area, being in the southern region of the Kruger Park and Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
The southern parts of the Kruger National Park are the most highly populated area with birds and wildlife. This area is near Skukuza, which is the Kruger National Parks’ main camp and is situated on the Sabi River. This area attracts a large variety of wildlife due to the abundance of water and different vegetation types.
The seven canvas tented rooms complete with en suite bathrooms and air-conditioning combine comfort and privacy while upholding the traditions of an African safari camp.
Our tented rooms each sit on a raised wooden deck and feature three quarter size twin beds with linen, side table with lampshade, air-conditioning, comfortable chairs, mosquito nets, a mirror stand with hairdryer, luggage stands, plug points as well as tea and coffee amenities.
Children have the unique experience of staying in their own tented room (not en suite) on the same deck as their parents; alternatively we can provide stretchers in the same tent as the parents.
For more information on your transfers, recommended hotels, and flight information, please follow the link below: About Your Transfers
Valid 01 November 2019 – 31 October 2020
- R 26 140 – package per person sharing.
- R 30 575 – single booking rate per person.
- R 13 065 – children 12 years and under.
- R 345 – per person Conservation Levy.
Valid 01 November 2020 – 31 October 2021
- R 27 970 – package per person sharing.
- R 32 715 – single booking rate per person.
- R 13 980 – children 12 years and under.
- R 345 – per person Conservation Levy.
- Private transfer to one of our designated areas.
- Accommodation at Tydon Safari Camp.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Drives in the Kruger National Park and Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- Conservation levies for Kruger National Park.
- Scenic Panorama Route en route to Johannesburg or Nelspruit post safari.
Excluded and/or Special Conditions
- All activities not indicated.
- Meals and drinks en route to and from Tydon Safari Camp.
- Communication costs.
- Conservation levies for Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- Single adult sharing with a child is applicable at the single rate.
- All tours are payable in South African Rand (ZAR).
- It is advisable to check exchange rates with your bankers on the day you book your safari tour.
- All tourist attractions and mandatory stops visited en route to Tydon Safari Camp, as well as the return trips are brief and subject to change depending upon time constraints of the day.
- Children are more than welcome at the Tydon Safari Camp; however, there are various restrictions regarding bush activities and room configurations.
- When enquiring about this tour make certain you include the children’s ages for us to be able to send you the child rates and child policy restrictions.
Your 7 Day Kruger Park and Sabi Sand Safari begins when we collect you from your pre-safari designated accommodation, Johannesburg, Nelspruit or Skukuza Airports.
Our journey to Tydon Safari Camp takes us northeast through the scenic Mpumalanga Province of South Africa. The Tydon Safari Camp is set in a tranquil location bordering the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve at the Shaws Gate entrance.
Arriving at our camp, we settle in before setting off on our first exhilarating game viewing drive in the world-famous Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve. This sunset/night game drive lasts into the evening, taking us in search of the wildlife inhabiting the Sabi Sand.
Returning from our sunset/night game drive after dark, a welcoming campfire awaits us in the outdoor boma where we kick back and relax under the bright stars of the African bushveld while sipping on chilled drinks at the cosy fireside complimenting a tasty South African dinner.
Spend the rest of the evening chatting by the fire, or retire to your air-conditioned tent for a good night’s sleep in the heart of the African bush.
Our mornings start with early morning tea or coffee and light snack in the thatched lapa before, filled with anticipation, we venture into Kruger Park to explore and look for wildlife.
Our morning game drives take us in search of the Big Five of Africa (lion, leopard, rhino, buffalo and elephant) and the abundance of other wild animals and birds of the Kruger National Park.
After our morning safari adventures in the Kruger we return to Tydon Safari Camp for a scrumptious breakfast. After breakfast there is free time set aside to enjoy the camp, take a refreshing swim in the pool, relax in the lounge area, or nap in your air-conditioned tent. There is also your tent viewing deck where you can sit back and take in the peace of the African bush.
Later, a light and delicious lunch is served in the dining area at around 14:00, after which we head back to Kruger Park on an afternoon safari drive.
At the end of the day we head back to Safari Camp for evening drinks in the open air boma around the campfire before enjoying a well-prepared dinner under the African sky or in the enclosed dining area.
Your day begins with a fresh cup of tea and coffee and a light snack before we embark on our morning game walk in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. Our guided bush walk takes you into this Big Five game reserve on a remarkable walking safari experience where the possibility of close range wildlife encounters awaits you!
This unforgettable bush walk in Sabi Sand is one of the best ways to see the often-overlooked finer details of the African bushveld, spotting smaller creatures and animal tracks.
After our invigorating game walk we return to Tydon Safari Camp for a well-deserved breakfast followed by leisure time to dip into the swimming pool, or take a rejuvenating snooze in your African-style tent. An appetising light lunch spread is served in the dining area at Tydon Safari Camp.
Later in the afternoon we embark on an exciting Sabi Sand game drive. In addition to its excellent reputation for outstanding leopard sightings, Sabi Sand Game Reserve is also known for its close-up encounters with the rest of the Big Five of Africa.
We leave Sabi Sand, driving back to Tydon Safari Camp after nightfall, to relax around the campfire while a hearty dinner is served in the open-air boma area under starry African skies.
Spend the night listening to the sounds of the bushveld and exchanging tales of your adventures in Kruger.
Rise and shine in the early hours of the day to witness the wild bushveld in the soft morning light. Today we venture back into the vast Kruger Park on adventure-filled morning and afternoon game drives, exploring Kruger, on the lookout for any wildlife we may have missed so far.
Mid-morning breakfast complete with fresh fruit, yogurts and muffins is served after our rewarding morning game drive in the Kruger National Park. Spend some time relaxing on the viewing deck soaking up the peace of our natural surroundings, cool off in the swimming pool, or nap in your air-conditioned tent before lunch is served in the main dining area.
At around 14:30 we set off once again on an afternoon game drive in the Kruger Park, getting up as close as possible to the animals for some great wildlife photographs before heading back to the tented safari camp in time for dinner and refreshing drinks around the fire.
We rise in the warm light of the early morning, to catch the wild animals at one of their most active times of the day. On day six we head back into the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve on morning and afternoon game drives in an open 4×4 safari vehicle allowing us up close wildlife encounters.
After an exciting game drive, we return to Safari Camp for a mid-morning breakfast and free time to spend soaking up the African sun, take a refreshing dip into the swimming pool, or a rejuvenating snooze in your air-conditioned tent. An appetising light lunch is served during the heat of the day in the thatched dining area at Tydon Safari Camp.
Later in the afternoon we head back into the Sabi Sand Game Reserve on another thrilling game drive in hopes of spotting predators as they come out in search of their next meal.
We return to Tydon Safari Camp after nightfall, where the aromas of a traditional South African dinner cooking on an open fire whet our appetite for the meal to come.
On the last day of our eventful 7 Day Sabi Sand and Kruger Park Safari, we depart from Tydon Safari Camp, taking home the magical memories and photos of our encounters with Africa’s wild and wonderful creatures.
Travelling via the scenic Panorama Route, through beautiful landscapes and quaint towns, we make our way back to Johannesburg arriving there at about 17:00 or at around 12:00 in Nelspruit.
Our 7 Day Kruger Park and Sabi Sand Safari sees you participate on four Sabi Sand and six Kruger National Park game drives and one guided bush walk in the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve.
On the day of arrival, your exciting African safari adventure begins with an exhilarating sunset/night drive in the Sabi Sand Reserve, conducted on the back of open safari vehicles, providing you with the best wildlife viewing opportunity.
Your guide wakes you at first light for an early morning tea or coffee, before you depart on your morning game drive exploring all the sights and sounds of the animals as they begin their day in search of food.
Your afternoon/night game drives will see a variety of wild animals leaving the shade of the trees in search of a watering hole. Our skilled and experienced guides have an in-depth knowledge of the local wildlife, and welcomes opportunities to share their knowledge with you.
Meals at Tydon Safari Camp
We consider homely South African cuisine to be an essential part of the Tydon African Safaris experience. The meals that we serve is a reflection of real home-style South African food; we do cater for vegetarians.
Start your day with early morning tea or coffee and a light snack before setting out on a morning game viewing drive. On your return to Safari Camp, a traditional cooked breakfast buffet will be served with a selection of fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereals, and freshly baked muffins. Fresh fruit juice is supplied.
Lunchtime is served at camp during the heat of the day, therefore we prepare light refreshing meals accompanied by a selection of fresh salads and chilled fruit that satisfy the taste buds.
Ice-cold beverages and fruit juices are available for purchase.
In true safari style, we all eat together in the open air boma around a crackling campfire under a blanket of stars in the African skies, while the sounds of nocturnal animals calling in the distance can often be heard.