Make sure you are in possession of a full valid passport. This must be valid for a minimum of six months beyond the date of your EXIT from Africa and should contain at least 4 blank pages for exit and entry.
Travel and accommodation vouchers
On receipt of your completed Booking Form and final payment a Travel Voucher will be sent to you, via email, by Tydon African Safaris or by your booking agent. If you have booked any pre-tour or post-tour accommodation through us we will also send you Accommodation Vouchers. If you have not received your necessary vouchers two weeks prior to your departure please contact us immediately. NB: Any change of your pre tour details (accommodation or flight) must be submitted to us in writing no later 48 hours before your arrival.
Airport transfer details
It is your responsibility to ensure that we have your correct flight arrival details. Please let us know your time of arrival and flight number as soon as you know them. If there is a change in your flight details please notify us immediately. Please confirm with us that your flight arrival time can be accommodated.
No vaccinations are required if travelling only to South Africa, but should you be entering South Africa from neighbouring African countries or any other country that require any vaccinations, please be sure to bring your vaccination certificate to present to South African customs.
- Cash – Very little cash is needed for your stay at Tydon African Safaris. You can bring a small amount of South African Rands for small purchases e.g. curios, lunch on route to and from the camp. Your lodge account and gratuities (optional) can be paid either by cash or credit card on your day of departure.
- ATM’s – There are ATM’s where you can draw South African Rands available at our stops on route to the camp.
- Credit Cards – Master and Visa card payments are widely accepted in most places in South Africa. Your lodge account and gratuities etc. can be settled on your day of departure by credit card.
- Travellers Cheques – We do not accept Travellers Cheques.
- Foreign Currency – American Dollars and Euros are accepted.